Jr. Digital Marketing Strategist for Curve Communications
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Vancouver – Curve Office
Job Status: Full-time Contract
Curve Communications, a Vancouver-based marketing agency, is seeking to hire a Jr. Digital Marketing Strategist for a full-time contract, starting immediately.
As a junior Digital Marketing Strategist, you understand the power of an effective Facebook ad campaign. You love the challenge of working with a variety of clients and coming up with new and exciting ways to connect brands to their respective consumer audiences online.
We are looking for someone with a sharp eye for detail, while also rocking the ability to create unique, eye-catching and engaging social media posts to ensure success for our clients.
Excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail are an absolute MUST. This includes the ability to write both long and short form content, client reports, creating SEO-friendly website copy, writing organic social media content, blogs, and ad copy. You would also be required to liaise with clients directly to support their marketing needs.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and understanding of digital advertising (Facebook and Google)
- Experience writing, scheduling and posting social media posts on a variety of channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of platforms and programs including (but not limited to) WordPress, Canva, Hootsuite, Unbounce, Adobe suite, and Google
- Writing that can cross multiple platforms and genres and enables you to get into the persona of different clients, so you can speak with their voice
- Excellent, proven, long and short form writing skills
- The ability to deal with a number of clients and projects at one time and under pressure
- The ability to prioritize projects, ensuring delivery to the client on time and on budget
- An easy temperament and professional demeanour that puts clients at ease, while at the same time managing their expectations
- The ability to liaise with clients is a must
Example of duties and responsibilities:
- Reports to the President/Founder and VP about clients and projects
- Liaises with contractors and partners to ensure tasks are completed on schedule
- Creates content in multiple formats for different clients as directed by the President, VP or Client Services Manager
- Designs unique, innovative, and measurable online marketing strategies
- Daily management of digital and social campaigns
- Participates in the new business process, including attending meetings, writing proposals, brand discovery documents for clients and potential clients
- Expected input into the creative process by researching clients and providing suggestions on ways and platforms to increase brand awareness for the best ROI
- Tracks progress for each client
- Tracks time on each project
- Formal education in digital and traditional marketing, communications or journalism
- Two+ years of experience in marketing, communications, content creation, all with a digital focus. Agency experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to write effective, creative, original content
- Basic understanding of WordPress and other platforms as detailed above
- Experience using project management software.
- Superb oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Proven experience in handling projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and participate in a team environment
- Ability to work extended hours when required and participate in special events on behalf of the department
We’d need to see examples of published work, as well as references who can speak to your abilities.
If this job posting sounds like you, then APPLY HERE!
Please note we’ll need the following:
- Examples of your writing abilities (final candidates will be tested)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our founder George has a few tried and tested ground rules about blogging for business.
Regular blogging for your #brand sets you up as an industry leader and can help set you apart from your competition.
Being an established authority in your field, whatever niche that may be, has its benefits. When you are seen as an expert in your industry, the stronger your brand will become.
1. Don’t just start a blog to start a blog.
2. Understand why a blog is necessary.
3. Know what you and your company hope to achieve from the blog.
These blogging tips are taken from my book Buzz: How To Grow a Business Using Grassroots Marketing.
Here is a link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/Buzz-Business-Grassroots-Marketing-Learning/dp/096843224